NJ CART By Laws
New Jersey Coalition for the Advancement of Assistive and Rehabilitation Technology, Inc.
Article I – Name
The name of the organization shall be the New Jersey Coalition for the Advancement of Assistive and Rehabilitation Technology, Inc., hereinafter called NJ CART.
Article II – Mission
The NJ CART will promote the application of technology that helps individuals with disabilities reach their goals through efforts to (1) advocate for public policy to enhance access to assistive technology devices and services, and (2) provide continuing education for its members, professionals, individuals with disabilities, and the community-at-large.
Article III – Goals
1. To develop an effective network of professionals in fields pertaining to the advancement of technology for individuals with disabilities.
2. To provide information and referral to its members, professionals, individuals with disabilities, and the community at large regarding technology, resources and advancements, and public policy pertaining to technology.
3. To provide linkages among manufacturers, professionals, and consumers to share information, resources, and state-of-the-art technology.
Article IV – Membership
1. Membership is open to any individual interested in the advancement of assistive and rehabilitation technology.
2. Membership is conferred upon registration.
3. The membership year shall run from January 1 to December 31 of the year.
4. Any regular member of NJ CART shall be entitled to all customary rights and privileges, including voting for officers, trustees, and any other issue to come before the general membership.
5. Membership may be terminated by:
5.1 Any member who exhibits negative behaviors outside of the mission of NJ CART as determined bythe Officers shall be suspended from all privileges of membership.
5.2 Resignation in writing to NJ CART.